The Ayushman Bharat Yojana is an Indian government-sponsored healthcare initiative aimed at improving the health and well-being of the country’s poorest residents. The Health and Wellness Center (HWC) and the Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana are the two main health initiatives included in the Ayushman card (Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana). More than 10 million households are protected by health insurance worth Rs. Under the PMJAY scheme, each person will receive a sum of Rs. 5 lakh. The project allows patients to receive treatment at state hospitals and commercial facilities that have been approved by the government without having to pay cash.
This programme provides a smart card known as the Pradhan Mantri Ayushman Bharat Yojana Card to qualifying candidates. It entitles patients to free treatment up to a maximum of Rs 5,00,000 per year under government supervision. The programme is only open to low-income earners across the country. The goal of launching this programme is to offer low-income families with financial assistance for medical care. This article can help folks who qualify for the PMJAY plan but aren’t sure how to enroll.
|Started by the
||Department of Health and Family
||Government of the National Health Authority of India
||Citizens of India
||Universal Health Coverage (UHC) of up to 5 lakh rupees
|target of the scheme
||health insurance for those in need
|Program funded by
You can apply for Ayushman Bharat using your ration card at your local Common Service Center, and you would be eligible to receive benefits under the system. You would only have to pay a nominal cost of 30 to receive a free treatment worth 5 lakh rupees from the government.
Apply for an Ayushman card online
- In the event of an emergency, create a patient verification card for your beneficiaries to utilise. The patient is directed to the PMJAY kiosk to create a card.
- Get to know all of the legitimate costs and fees associated with the PMJAY plan.
- Check with the doctors who will be introduced to confirm any current illnesses or disorders.
- If the condition is complex or chronic, seek medical help or a prescription from your doctor. If hospitalisation is necessary, look for medical services from Empaneled Healthcare Providers (EHCPs) or government agencies.
- The hospital will issue you a discharge slip, together with fees and bills, once your treatments are completed.
- In order to complete this process, you must submit all essential papers. If you have all of the necessary papers, the process will be much easier to finish.
Ayushman card registration 2022
The PMJAY initiative, also known as the Ayushman Bharat National Health Protection Scheme, was unveiled by the Department of Health and Family Welfare earlier this year. The plan allows the beneficiary to utilise their PMJAY card to obtain primary, secondary, and tertiary healthcare at a variety of Indian facilities. For cardholders, treatments up to a total value of 5 lakh rupees are absolutely free.
Official estimates indicate that the PMJAY system will assist nearly 100 million Indians, making it the world’s largest government-sponsored health programme. On September 23, 2018, the PMJAY introduced a new online registration facility. To apply for a PMJAY card or an Ayushman Bharat card, you must first complete the online registration process.
Benefits of using an Ayushman card
Ayushman Bharat National Health Protection Scheme is the name given to it in India (abbreviated NHPS). It is a national public health insurance fund run by the Indian government that provides low-income workers across the country with free health insurance coverage. Around half of the country’s population, or around 50%, benefits from this programme.
Main care services are provided to programme participants by their primary care providers. The PM-JAY programme offers free secondary health care to individuals who require specialist treatment, as well as free tertiary health care to those who require hospitalisation.